CLICK HERE TO ATTEND OR SET A REMINDER FOR THE EVENT
Join me tomorrow morning, February 2nd, at 9am EST for a Politico live event on Twitter Spaces! We’ll be discussing the human rights abuses surrounding the Beijing Olympics, the U.S. Government’s diplomatic boycott, the challenges these particular Games pose to athletes, and the International Olympic Committee’s abdication of responsibility to care for athletes. You can find more details and set a reminder for the event here. Hope to see you tomorrow!
Date/Time: 9AM-10AM ET WED, FEB 2.
Event Title: Beijing Olympics: Competition, Controversy and Covid.
- Phelim Kine, Politico China Correspondent (Moderator)
- Sen. Jeff Merkley, a co-chair of the Congressional Executive Committee on China
- Sophie Richardson, China Director at Human Rights Watch,
- Noah Hoffman, 2x U.S. Olympian Noah Hoffman and board member of Global Athlete
- Melissa K. Chan, independent journalist
- Platform: Twitter Spaces