I am a professional cross country (Nordic) skier from Aspen, Colorado. Although I spend the majority of my training time in Park City, Utah, Aspen is still my home. I have been a member of the U.S. Ski Team since 2008 and am also a member of Ski and Snowboard Club Vail’s Team Homegrown.
While I am better at distance races (10 kilometers and longer) than I am at shorter races, I am working hard to improve my sprinting (under 2 kilometers) skills. I pride myself in being equally proficient at Classic and Skate skiing. My biggest strength is my aerobic capacity, and I am working hard to improve on my technique, tactics, and top end speed.
I work with several coaches, and I am very confident that my team is helping me become the best skier in the world. I work with John Callahan, a 1992 Olympian from Aspen, on my training plan and energy management. I work with Zach Caldwell of Caldwell Sport on technique. Zach lives in Putney, Vermont. I get daily support for my workouts from U.S. Ski Team coaches Jason Cork, Matt Whitcomb, and Chris Grover. Last, but not least, I also work with Team Homegrown coaches Eric Pepper and Dan Weiland.
My career goals are to win an Olympic Gold Medal, a World Championship, the Tour de Ski, and a FIS World Cup Distance Globe (the best distance World Cup skier for an entire season). I have postponed college in order to focus on skiing. I am looking forward to the time after my ski career is over to continue my studies. I am interested in Economics and Public Policy, Physics, Mathematics, and Technical Theater.
- 8th in the 30 Kilometer Skiathlon at the 2012 World Cup in Canmore, Alberta, Canada
- 19th in the 10 Kilometer Skate at the 2012 World Cup in Kuusamo, Finland
- 17th in the Final Climb of the 2013 Tour de Ski in Val di Fiemme, Italy
- 2nd in the 15 Kilometer Classic at the 2012 Under-23 (years-of-age) World Championships in Erzurum, Turkey
- 2012 US National 30 Kilometer Classic Champion
- 29th in the 15 Kilometer Classic at the 2011 World Championships in Oslo, Norway
- 30th in the 50 Kilometer Skate at the 2011 World Championships in Oslo, Norway
- 2nd Ranked American Distance Skier on the FIS and USSA Points Lists Year End 2012